Foster Parent Resources
AVA relies on volunteer foster homes to help provide safe spaces to cats/kittens that are recently rescued, too young for adoption, being socialized, or recovering from surgery or an illness.
Resources for Foster Parents:
- AVA Foster Parent Guide: basic information about setting up your safe room, care, handling, and working with shy cats
- Queens & Kittens Manual: for foster parents who take in a pregnant soon-to-be-moms, a mom and her nursing litter of kittens, or orphaned kittens
- AVA Foster Policy & Agreement: this online form is to be completed by screened and approved AVA Foster Parents before receiving their first cats
- Pre-adoption Checklist: information about what AVA asks for when cats are ready for adoption. This includes a request for biographies/profiles and photos of your adorable foster kitties!
Reimbursement and Tax Receipt Information:
- AVA Foster Parent Expense Reimbursement Policy: details what can be claimed for cash reimbursement and for an income tax receipt
- AVA Foster Cash Reimbursement Template: Excel form to be completed to detail expenses and amounts for cash reimbursement claims
- Tax Receipt Claim – Mileage (2024): Excel form to be completed for volunteers/fosters who drive their cats to AVA appointments or adoption centres
- Tax Receipt Claim – Other Receipts: Excel form to be completed when fosters would only like a tax receipt, or for non-reimbursable foster expenses
Please contact your AVA Coordinator or Representative if you have questions!